Friday, May 11, 2007

Gone.

Well, it's started. I am currently in the City of Champions chilling with Bri Hines and watching the game in his sweet pad. We also just rode the zipper at one of those shopping centre parking lot fairs. A couple of observations: a) Carnies are in a class amongst themselves. I mean some of those mustaches and just overall appearances ooze quality. b) The zipper is a premiere ride simply because you have the fear of god in you due to the appearance of little to no maintenance goes into these rides (I convince myself that it is only an appearance) and c) I don't understand the big slide with the sack. Why would you waste tickets on that thing?

So I must admit some conflicting emotions about this whole trip. I've known the plan since mid-January and I've been pretty excited about it. This is what I want to do and I think it is a great opportunity for my "career" (some rock and roll quotes for you). As well when I arrive in Inuvik I start to enjoy the somewhat solitude of being surrounded by wilderness. However, since late April and early May I've been going out a bunch with friends and a new person or two and playing a bit of pickup ultimate and just having a sweet time. It's made me kind of wish I could be around in the summer to hang out and be with friends. Alas, not the plan this summer.

A quick good luck to the folks I know who are going to Toronto this weekend to open the competitive frisbee season. Wish I could be there.

Next stop. Inuvik. Salutations.

No comments: